People in the NOCD community care about you. We understand that emergencies arise in people’s lives. NOCD is not intended to be used in an emergency or considered a replacement for emergency services. You agree that in case of emergency you will call 911 (in the US and Canada), 999 (if in the UK), 000 (Australia), or contact emergency services in your country, or go safely to your nearest emergency room.
If you are in danger of harming yourself or others, please use the following resources to get immediate help:
- Call 911 (US and Canada), 999 (UK), or 000 (Australia), or go safely to your nearest emergency room
- US-Based Resources:
- Canada-Based Resources:
- Call the Canada Suicide Prevention Service at 1-833-456-4566 (24/7) or text 45645 (4 pm to 12 am ET).
- Call the Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 (toll-free), text CONNECT to 686868, or visit https://kidshelpphone.ca/. Available 24/7 to Canadians aged 5 to 29 who want confidential and anonymous care from professional counselors.
- UK-Based Resources:
- Text SHOUT to 85258 to access the Crisis Text line or visit https://www.crisistextline.uk/
- Or contact any of the following:
- AssistLine 0800-689-5652
- Hopeline UK 0800-068-4141
- Samaritans 116 123
- Call Refuge National Domestic Abuse Helpline 0808 2000 247
- Australia-Based Resources:
- For Other Countries:
- For more resources on suicide, click here: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-yourself/
- For more resources on self-harm, click here: http://www.selfinjury.bctr.cornell.edu/resources.html
As a requirement to access the NOCD Therapy Service, Members will need to provide NOCD with their physical location at the time of therapy services and emergency contact information. Should Members refuse to provide an emergency contact, their local emergency number will be the default emergency contact.